So, do you remember back in February when HLN came to our house to film me working on my boys’ bedroom makeover, and they aired the short segments over a 3 week period in March? Of course you don’t remember, because this year is flying by like crazy and March was an eternity ago. (Plus if you blinked, you missed the segments.) Anyway, they were kind enough to mail me a DVD of the segments, and it’s been stashed in a drawer in our office ever since. Why, you ask? Well because my kiddos broke the disc drive on our laptop ages ago and I hadn’t gotten around to borrowing someone else’s computer to upload the segments. What a lame excuse. But I finally did! Thanks to my awesome friend Erica and her helpful hubby Matt, the segments now live on the web for all to see. (And by “all,” I mean my mom, because we all know she’s probably the only one who wants to watch it.) Anyway, in case you’d like to watch it too, here it is below – all three segments condensed into one.
In case you’re at work or unable to view the video, some highlights shown include:
- Me fighting with my sewing machine.
- Me saying “pain in the butt” on national TV. (15 hours of footage and that’s what they chose?! Ha!)
- Me staining my hands blue with spray paint.
- Me using a jig saw for the first time. (Yay!)
- My boys dressed up in superhero disguises so their Kindergarten and preschool buddies don’t harass them for autographs. (Kidding!)
In all seriousness, I had a great time and appreciate HLN for featuring this makeover and letting me have this fun experience.
You can find other posts about this room makeover as well as behind the scenes photos here:
- Day 1 of Filming
- Day 2 of Filming
- Wood + Nailhead Headboard Tutorial
- DIY Toddler Bed Platform
- Boys’ Bedroom Transformation Reveal
Do you fight with your sewing machine too? Are your kids obsessed with superhero costumes? Have you been caught saying “butt” on TV? Please tell me I’m not the only one.
You can also connect with me here: